Blueberry Overnight Oats
The other day I was in Whole Foods with the kiddos and they had samples of overnight oats. I didn’t think the kids would be into them because the texture is a little wonky. But you know what, they loved them! I checked the ingredients list and it wasn’t terrible but definitely had a few questionable things and a little higher in sugar than I would like. So I decided to see if I could recreate them but with fewer ingredients and less sugar. You know what? These homemade overnight oats are even better than the store bought ones! (Not Whole30 or Paleo but oats don’t seem to bother my kiddos so it’s a good option for them).
- 1/2 C. Oats (I used organic old fashioned)
- 3/4 C. Full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 C. Blueberries (I used frozen)
- 1 TBS. Flax meal
- 1 TBS. Chia seeds
- 1 TBS. Maple syrup (the real stuff)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. Almond extract
- Glass jar or container with lid
- In glass jar, mix all ingredients and cover.
- Refrigerate for 6+ hours or overnight. Serve cold!