Brussel Sprout Citrus Salad! Whole30
Y’all this was so good I made it two days in a row. Last week I was craving brussel sprouts (yes, I know it’s weird) while I was at the grocery shopping. I was envisioning this shredded brussel sprout salad that was tangy and a little sweet with just the right amount of crunch. I think I nailed it. G (our 3 year old) loved it. What kind of toddler eats brussel sprouts and asks for seconds? The answer, none of them… So this stuff must be good!
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 1 naval orange (juiced)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 2 TBS. dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 4 C. shredded brussel sprouts
- 1/2 C. sunflower seeds
- 4 slices crispy bacon (crumbled)
- 1 C. raisins
- In a blender, add all the dressing ingredients and blend until smooth and well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine brussel sprouts, sunflower seeds, and raisins. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour dressing over the salad adding a little at a time and stirring between (you can add as much or as little as you prefer).
- Salt and Pepper to taste and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with crispy bacon crumbles when you’re ready to serve!