Fruitmeal! Paleo, Grain Free, and Sugar Free
I love a good bowl of oatmeal in the winter and since it’s been in the negatives for weeks here in KY I’d like to go face first into a giant bowl. I eat it sometimes, but generally try and stay away. It’s like my gateway food to eating everything in sight rest of the day…
The other day I was craving a bowl bad but was going to the gym pretty quick after breakfast so I didn’t want anything too heavy. I put a bunch of random things in the food processor and hoped for the best…. and well the best happened! Lo, who won’t eat oatmeal (the only 11 month old that refuses it) loved this fruit meal! Next time I make it I’ll serve some eggs along side to up the protein in this breakfast.
- One small apple (cored)
- 2 TBS. unsweetened coconut
- 2 TBS. Pecans
- 2 prunes
- 1 TBS. chia seeds
- 1/4 c. full fat coconut milk
- 1 TBS. Nut butter
- Put all ingredients into a food processor except coconut milk and nut butter.
- Blend/Process on high until “oatmeal” consistency (about 10 seconds).
- Put into microwave safe bowl. Add coconut milk and nut butter on top.
- You can either eat it cold or throw it in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and warm it up.