Guac Stuffed and Bacon Wrapped Chicken (Whole30 Compliant)
Is there anything better than guacamole or bacon? I think not… So why not add them both to chicken and call it dinner? Yup, that’s exactly what I did!
This recipe is pretty dang easy. The longest part of it is getting all the spices together. Maybe I’m just a lazy cook but I really dislike having to measure out several spices for a recipe. Honestly, I’ve looked at recipes and vetoed them due to the amount of measuring spices I’d have to do. Lame haha.
Well, I guess that mean’s this recipe is so good that I’m willing to measure all the spices. That’s a good sign!
- 5 Chicken breasts (Sliced in the middle to create a pocket. I buy my chicken locally, so the breasts are usually a lot smaller than what you buy at the grocery store so keep that in mind. Aim for 2 pounds of chicken)
- 8oz. of guacamole (You can make your own or it’s pretty easy to find Whole30 compliant guacamole at most stores.)
- 5 slices of compliant bacon
- 1 Tbs. Chili Powder
- 1 Tbs. Paprika
- 1 Tbs. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Combine all your spices in a bowl.
- With your sliced (remember pocket) chicken, sprinkle half the seasoning on both sides.
- With the pocket facing up, fill each chicken breast with as much guacamole as you can.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each stuffed chicken breast. This should help keep the guacamole in the chicken.
- Lay each chicken breast on a baking dish (I used a glass 9×13) with the pocket facing up (again helps to keep the guac in while it cooks).
- Sprinkle remaining 1 Tbs. spice blend over top (you’ll have some spice blend left over).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degree F.